Monday, April 6, 2009

Omnicom

Agency: Martin Williams, Minneapolis
"End Gun Violence"




This is not exactly an uplifting commercial and it's almost hard to watch towards the end once you figure out what is about to happen. Placing the little girl in the ad makes the message much more powerful and heartfelt.

Agency: LatinWorks, Austin
"Active Life Movement"






The tagline on all of these print ads is "Keep obesity away from your child." I think it is smart because the ads are created with childhood figurines. From Barbie to Superheroes, a child looking at this ad would not want their idol to appear fat. Barbie is seen on a laptop with a bag of fries by the bed. Buying a fat Barbie is probably not the first thing a little girl would want to buy. It definitely caught my attention and I think it raises awareness among parents as well.


Agency: GSD&M Idea City, Austin
"The Art of Driving"




I ironically saw this commercial last night at the movie theater. It played right before the previews started and I thought it was so cool while my 2 best friends found it rather annoying. I had no idea that GSD&M created it until I searched for it. I like it because it still showcases the BMW car, but does not have the annoying BUY A BMW feel to it.

Agency: Dieste Harmel & Partners, Dallas
"Runner"




This is another series of commercials that raised awareness of high school dropouts. Dieste partnered with Taco Bell to say that 15% of their gross sales would be donated to help teens graduate. I think this is a really good way to work with other companies as well as promote positive advertising.


Agency: 180 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
"MTV Switch:Green"




I love this because there is a huge obsession with going green and I have to wonder if people even know what that means?? I feel like everything now is labeled GREEN just to make it appeal to those who are trying to be more health-conscience, organic, etc. And sometimes the things that are "green" are not always the best, so this commercial takes a stab at it which I like.


Agency: Goodby Silverstein & Partners,San Francisco
"Frito-Lay Dips: Love & Sockets"




Cheesy, but cute. I think it's interesting how many agencies are incorporating the cartoon aspect into their commercials. I feel this is a very similar look/style to the Coke commercial by TBWA that played in the superbowl. I liked how they used the idea of a socket and lightbulb to relate to chips and dip... Goodby is becoming so metaphorical...

Agency: DDB, Toronto
"Lamato Network: Feature Spotlight #1"



This is a string of very funny commercials that I feel are attempting to make fun of facebook. They are claiming to be the "real" social network. The whole line of ads says things like "request a hug", etc. It does create the idea of social networking vs. reality.


Agency: BBDO, Malaysia
"HotLinks- Cinema"







In light of the current economy, I thought these print ads were hilarious. The main concept is saving money so the boy is sneaking in all of his friends into the theater. The commercial for this advertisement is much better, however, these print ads still do it justice. The mood of the commercial is sneaky and quirky especially with the background music.

Agency: TBWA\NEBOKO, The Netherlands
"Heineken: Walk-in fridge"



This entire concept is ridiculously accurate. Girls would freak out if we walked into that large of a closet, and I would bet that it is almost every boy's dream to walk into a closet full of Heineken. It is a somewhat silly commercial, but it such light humor which I really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment