Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wieden+Kennedy

"Old Spice"


All of Wieden's "old spice" commercials are really corny and cheesy. This one was semi-funny because there are so many doctor shows on television now so it was all taken with good humor. The sarcasm was flying out of the TV on this one.


"Swing", Tokyo

http://www.advertolog.com/paedia/reels/2007/05/11/505648/

I couldn't ever actually find this one on youtube but if you follow the link the video is on the website. It is an amazing commercial featuring trapeze artists. I have to wonder how they actually went about filming this. Trapeze artists have always been my favorite and it was really cool to watch them switch off partners in mid-air. Cool concept!

"ESPN:Cinderella", New York



That takes some serious guts to mess up a classic Disney movie by placing a Nike shoe in the place of a glass slipper. But it really is a good idea considering Cinderella had to run home. I thought this commercial was extremely clever and fun to watch.

"Nike: Any Other Morning", Tokyo



Wieden uses this concept a lot of normal people meeting up to play basketball games as just a part of their everyday routine. I went to an all girls high school so I can relate to the viciousness of these girls playing basketball! Things get intense... but I liked it and it was unexpected for a group of Tokyo girls dressed in school uniforms to be knocking one another out on the court.

"Nike: Kobe vs. Aston", Portland




This was a web film that Wieden produced featuring Kobe Bryant and Aston Martin. At first I had no clue what was going on and then when he jumped over the car I had a minor freak out moment, but I have to admit that is extremely impressive. It fit the purpose of using NikeAir to jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment